PedNet is hosting a Building Inclusive Communities (BIC) workshop, presented by the University of Missouri Center for Health Policy. BIC is an introductory inclusion workshop that builds awareness through short presentations, experiential activities, reflection, and dialogue.
- Friday, April 5, 2019
- 11am – 4pm
- Columbia/Boone County Health Department, 1005 W Worley St
- Registration is free!
We will explore these topics as they relate to transportation, which is one of the most important factors in health equity.
The workshop will guide each of us to:
- Develop an awareness of one’s self in the process of socialization and one’s role in breaking down oppressive systems
- Practice effective interpersonal communication skills
- Build knowledge and awareness around issues of race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, class, ability, age, religion, and appearance
- Gain a greater understanding about how to create health and wellness environments in communities that are more inclusive and equitable
Registration for this limited-seat workshop is free and lunch is provided. Please register no later than Wednesday, April 3 to attend this event.