We’re a collection of doers. We learn, we fix, we build.
The Loop is anchored by 170 businesses, 6 schools, and some of the best Saturday morning retail in town. Tools, supplies, know-how. Now we’re taking that same DIY approach to improving The Loop. We’re focusing on public improvements to encourage private economic development and additions to our business mix. We want to create a corridor of learning opportunities, creative endeavors, and economic engines—all with the same get-it-done attitude we’re known for.
We’ve got a great collection of Saturday morning retail, lunch joints, and creative types—and we’d love to find a space for you. Whether you’re looking to start a business or searching for development space here in midtown, we can help.
Facts & Figures
- Workers: 1,925
- Workers within 1 Mile: 23,519
- City Population: 115,287
- Residents within 1 Mile: 8,131
- Number of Schools: 6
- Student Enrollment: 4,325
- Average Household Income in Columbia: $66,572
Economic Development Data
Counts collected by the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT), Boone County, and the City of Columbia. The majority of the traffic counts were taken during March, April, and May of each collection year. The traffic counts listed are all non-directional, 24 hour weekday totals or average daily trips (ADT). No counts were taken on weekends, holidays, or during Spring break.
- West Blvd. & Business Loop: 14,082
- Grand & Business Loop: 17,925
- Seventh & Business Loop: 16,256
- Providence & Business Loop: 21,679
- Rangeline & Business Loop: 17,181
- West Blvd. & I-70: 73,758
- Providence & I-70: 66,297
- Rangeline & I-70: 62,232