Traffic Impacts Week of May 23
Nighttime single lane closures of eastbound and westbound Interstate 70 expected Monday-Thursday due to construction of barrier curb.
- Traffic switch to the new Garth Avenue bridge will take place Monday evening.
- Work will require the westbound I-70 on ramp at Providence to be closed between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. Monday evening.
Range Line Street
- “Dogbone” interchange at Range Line and I-70 is scheduled to open at 6 a.m. Monday, May 23, weather permitting. The interchange, sometimes called a double roundabout interchange, will consist of two tear-shaped roundabouts that join together to form a single roundabout. Video animations showing both the old and new Range Line interchange can be found on the project website at www.modot.org/ColumbiaBridges.
- Range Line Street at Interstate 70 remains closed until May 23.
- The off-ramps at the interchange and the eastbound I-70 on ramp are open, but the westbound I-70 on-ramp is closed. Drivers can only make right turns as there is no through lane open on Range Line.
- Motorists are advised to avoid the work area as much as possible, as traffic delays and backups are likely, especially on side streets.
- The primary focus will be to keep traffic from backing up on I-70, which means there will likely be minor delays on other routes as a result.
- Eastbound I-70 drivers whose destination is south of I-70 are encouraged to use Stadium Boulevard to bypass the construction, although they can still go right on Range Line as well.
- Those needing access north of the I-70 work area can take Providence Road, though Providence could move slowly due to the additional traffic volumes.
- Route 63 travelers should use Stadium Boulevard to avoid the I-70 construction.
Business Loop/Creasy Springs
- Overlaying the old roundabout will require flagging operations during daytime hours at the Business Loop location.
- Motorists traveling eastbound or westbound on Business Loop will not have access to Creasy Springs Road, but Creasy Springs drivers will be able to access Business Loop at the new roundabout.
Road Work Ahead
- Two Weeks – The Rangeline bridge slide is tentatively scheduled for the weekend of June 4.
Visit www.modot.org/ColumbiaBridges for complete information on pedestrian impacts.
View Construction Progress and Traffic Flow
Garth - http://oxblue.com/open/modot/cams
Business Loop and Range Line - http://sapp.fullstreamwireless.com/