Range Line Street
· The new Range Line bridge is scheduled to be slid into place on Saturday, June 4.
· To prepare for the bridge slide, the following streets and ramps will be closed beginning at 6 p.m. on Friday, June 3:
o All I-70 on- and off-ramps at Range Line; and
o I-70 eastbound on-ramp at Providence Road.
· Then at 8 p.m., one lane of I-70 in each direction will be closed at Range Line. By 5 a.m. on Saturday, June 4, two westbound lanes of I-70 traffic will be switched to the eastbound Range Line bridge. The eastbound bridge will continue to carry one lane of eastbound traffic, while the other eastbound lane of traffic will be routed down the eastbound off-ramp at Range Line and back up the on-ramp to I-70. The ramp closure and traffic changes will remain in place until 5 a.m. on Monday, June 6.
· Workers will begin to slide the bridge at 7 a.m. on Saturday. The bridge is expected to be in place by noon that day.
· Then, at 8 p.m. on Sunday, one lane of I-70 in each direction will be closed as westbound traffic is shifted to the new westbound I-70 bridge at Range Line. Both eastbound and westbound lanes of I-70 are scheduled to be in their permanent location by 5 a.m. on Monday, June 6.
· The eastbound on-ramp at Providence and the eastbound on- and off-ramps at Range Line will reopen by 6 a.m. Monday. The westbound on- and off-ramps at Range Line will remain closed until 6 p.m. Monday to remove materials used for the bridge slide.
· All work is weather permitting.
· One lane of I-70 in each direction will be closed at Garth Avenue from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to complete concrete median barrier placement and I-70 striping at Garth.
Visit www.modot.org/ColumbiaBridges for complete information on pedestrian impacts.