Traffic Impacts Week of May 16
Range Line Street
- Range Line Street at Interstate 70 remains closed until May 24.
- The off-ramps at the interchange and the eastbound I-70 on ramp are open, but the westbound I-70 on-ramp is closed. Drivers can only make right turns as there is no through lane open on Range Line.
- Motorists are advised to avoid the work area as much as possible, as traffic delays and backups are likely, especially on side streets.
- The primary focus will be to keep traffic from backing up on I-70, which means there will likely be minor delays on other routes as a result.
- Eastbound I-70 drivers whose destination is south of I-70 are encouraged to use Stadium Boulevard to bypass the construction, although they can still go right on Range Line as well.
- Those needing access north of the I-70 work area can take Providence Road, though Providence could move slowly due to the additional traffic volumes.Route 63 travelers should use Stadium Boulevard to avoid the I-70 construction.
- The Range Line closure will allow the contractor, Emery Sapp and Sons, to build a “dogbone” interchange at Range Line and I-70. The interchange, sometimes called a double roundabout interchange, will consist of two tear-shaped roundabouts that join together to form a single roundabout. Video animations showing both the old and new Range Line interchange can be found on the project website at www.modot.org/ColumbiaBridges.
Business Loop/Creasy Springs
- Creasy Springs Road at Business Loop reopened today, May 13, to a right in, right out travel condition as motorists come off the westbound I-70 off-ramp.
- Motorists traveling eastbound or westbound on Business Loop will not have access to Creasy Springs Road, but Creasy Springs drivers will be able to access Business Loop at the new roundabout.
Road Work Ahead
Early June - Business Loop at I-70 will be closed for 45 days to build a dual-lane roundabout on the south side of I-70 and to reconstruct Business Loop where it crosses under I-70.
Visit www.modot.org/ColumbiaBridges for complete information on pedestrian impacts.
View Construction Progress and Traffic Flow
Garth - http://oxblue.com/open/modot/cams
Business Loop and Range Line - http://sapp.fullstreamwireless.com/