Traffic Impacts Week of April 4
· Eastbound travelers on the I-70 Business Loop will not be able to access the eastbound I-70 on ramp from 6 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Tuesday, April 5.
· Travelers on Range Line Street will experience short periodic lane closures in both directions during the daytime hours to allow construction equipment to enter and exit the roadway near the new eastbound I-70 Bridge over Range Line.
· Traffic will be shifted onto Eastbound I-70 over the newly constructed eastbound I-70 bridge over Garth Avenue on Thursday evening. During the shift, one lane will be closed on I-70 near the bridge from 9 p.m. Thursday until 5 a.m. Friday. The Missouri State Highway Patrol will be present to assist with the lane closures and the traffic switch. The EB off Ramp to Providence will also be CLOSED from 9 p.m. Thursday until 5 a.m. Friday during the traffic switch.
· The current closure of the eastbound I-70 Business Loop between the Comfort Suites and the existing Roundabout will remain in place for several more weeks.
Upcoming Traffic Impacts
· Garth Avenue will be closed starting at 7 a.m. on Monday, April 11 through 7 a.m. Saturday, April 16 for the demolition of the existing I-70 bridge over Garth Ave.
Road Work Ahead
· Early May - Eastbound I-70 traffic will be shifted to the new I-70 bridge at Range Line.
· Mid-May - The new bridges at Garth and Range Line will be slid into place, and the old bridges will be demolished.
· Early June - Business Loop at I-70 will be closed for 45 days.
The City of Columbia’s Transit System will provide the following for the duration of the I-70 bridges project for sections that are impacting pedestrian crossings to bus stops on the Business Loop:
· Shuttle service from the Parkade neighborhood to connect with either the #9 Purple Route, #8 Light Green and #2A or #2B Gold Routes. While the #9 is the only route that services this area of the Business loop, the city felt it was unnecessarily burdensome to have the customer transfer from a van to the #9 and then make transfers to the other two routes that connect with the #9.
· The shuttle will be a scheduled ride and must be called into the city’s ParaTransit line 573-874-7290 by 5 p.m. a day in advance. The Customer must state that they want to schedule a ride for the Parkade North Shuttle.
· The Customer will not be charged for the shuttle ride, but will be charged normal fare when they board one of the three bus routes.
Visit www.modot.org/ColumbiaBridges for complete information on pedestrian impacts.
View construction progress and traffic flow
Business Loop and Range Line - http://sapp.fullstreamwireless.com/
Garth - http://oxblue.com/open/modot/cams