· The eastbound I-70 passing lane will be closed from 9 p.m. tonight (Monday, Nov. 23) until 5 a.m. tomorrow (Tuesday, Nov. 24) from just west of Garth to the Providence off-ramp.
· Right westbound lanes of I-70 closed from just east of Rangeline to just west of Garth Avenue, 9 p.m. to 5 a.m., Nov. 23 and 24. This closure will allow for grading and paving of the bypasses near Rangeline Street and Garth Avenue.
· One lane in each direction will be open.
· The speed limit in the work zone will be reduced from 60 mph to 50 mph.
· Work will be suspended next Thursday and Friday for the Thanksgiving holiday.
The sidewalks along Rangeline Street between I-70 and Vandiver Drive will remain closed for several months due to the construction. Pedestrians and bicyclists are advised to detour around the closed sidewalks by taking Business Loop 70 to Providence Road to Vandiver Drive. They can also use Columbia’s public transit system, COMO Connect, to travel through the area. The Co-Mo Connect Black Connector has stops at Boone Electric Cooperative and Rangeline on the south side of I-70 and at Rangeline and Vandiver on the north side of I-70. Maps showing the pedestrian detour route and the COMO Black Connector Route can be found online at www.modot.org/ColumbiaBridges. NOTE: COMO Connect will give free rides to people needing to get through Rangeline as long as construction lasts.
The sidewalk along Garth Avenue between Business Loop and East Texas Avenue will be closed to pedestrian traffic until mid- to late November. Pedestrians and bicyclists are advised to detour around the closed sidewalk by taking Business Loop 70 to Providence Road to East Texas Avenue. A map showing the pedestrian detour route can be found on the project website, www.modot.org/ColumbiaBridges.