Shopping local during this unprecedented time is more than just a hashtag--it's necessary to help keep small businesses afloat. Many Loop businesses remain open and have gotten creative - restaurants are offering curbside pickup and delivery service, and retail shops are offering personal shopping via FaceTime and social media. Whether open or closed, businesses still have gift cards available for purchase by phone and online.
Your support is needed now more than ever. If you can help, please consider the some creative options. Buy gift cards NOW that can be used later. Order takeout or delivery. Show support through social channels. Shop online, but local. We may be practicing social distancing but we're still in this together.
Here are some ways to help support your small and local businesses:
- Shop online or over the phone. Many Loop businesses have the ability to ship your favorite items to your home.
- Keep eating out! Take advantage of our take out, drive thru, delivery, and curbside options--and tip the employees. Take a minute to reach out to your favorite restaurant and check out what services they use. And, skip the plastic utensils when ordering to save costs and help reduce waste.
- Buy gift cards. If you, your friends or family shop at certain Loop businesses, it’s a great idea to purchase some gift cards and come back at another time.
- Show your love online through social media. Most of our businesses have social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter) and websites. While you’re at home, look them up and share what they are doing during these hard times. Share their stories and help them keep their businesses afloat. Check out our business listings for more information.
- Stay engaged and educated about the concerns facing our community, and how they impact you, through proper channels such as cdc.gov or como.gov/coronavirus.